As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are currently accepting applications for Youth Counselors with a strong desire to work with a team of committed clinicians to create a safe and fun place for our residents to heal.
- Work with a team to supervise a group of 7 to 10 boy and girl adolescents (residents) dealing with behavioral and mental health issues
- Ensure the safety and wellbeing of residents; ensure their living environment is secure
- Engage with residents as needed as a mentor, education assistant, activity, and group leader
- Actively engage residents in scheduled program activities
- Be able to engage with residents physically, cognitively, and emotionally with compassion and authority
- Capable of continuously monitoring the safety of residents and intervening as needed
- Able to de-escalate situations of conflict and intervene as trained in crisis situations
- Meeting with young people to identify and discuss their problems
- Proving support and advice in an on-on-one or small group setting
- Assessing risks and providing crisis counseling to young people experiencing trauma
- Acting as an advocate and advising the treatment team of potential residential issues
- Organizing and supervising group activities including sports and recreation
- Writing reports and progress/treatment notes of observations and engagements with residents
- Mentoring and being a role-model for social development
- Providing direct living skills and personal care training
- Experience working with children preferred not required
- Willing to undergo a background check and drug screening in accordance with local laws and regulations
- Mature individuals who demonstrate authority with caring and respect for the dignity of young people
Hallmark Youthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.