As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time Yoga Instructor who has a strong desire to work with residents and create a safe and fun opportunity for them to heal.
- Develop safe, professional, and comprehensive yoga training program for the residents and staff; perform yoga postures, as well as breathing and relaxation techniques in front of the class as they copy the movements; observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement
- Study the physical limitations of the participants to effectively assign appropriate exercises to ensure their safety; observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Provide pre-class instructions, explain the goals of class, and have a clear plan for maximum therapeutic benefits
- Explain heart rate essentials, teach students how to take heart rate and administer a heart rate test when appropriate; offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Communicate effectively with all disciplines involved in the care of the residents
- Responsible for completing assigned documentation in an accurate and timely manner to include progress notes
- Minimum of 21 years old
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 or more years of yoga instruction
- Ability to work both evenings and weekends
- Previous clinical, behavioral health or group home experience
- Experience conducting trauma sensitive yoga
- Experience working with adolescents
- Yoga Alliance Registration: RYT200, RYT500, ERYT200, ERYT500
- CPR/First Aid/Defibrillator Training