As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are currently accepting applications for a part-time Yoga Instructor who has a strong desire to work with residents and create a safe and fun opportunity for them to heal.
- Develop safe, professional, and comprehensive yoga training program for the residents and staff; perform yoga postures, as well as breathing and relaxation techniques in front of the class as they copy the movements; observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement
- Study the physical limitations of the participants to effectively assign appropriate exercises to ensure their safety; observe participants and inform them of corrective measures necessary for skill improvement.
- Provide pre-class instructions, explain the goals of class, and have a clear plan for maximum therapeutic benefits
- Explain heart rate essentials, teach students how to take heart rate and administer a heart rate test when appropriate; offer alternatives during classes to accommodate different levels of fitness
- Communicate effectively with all disciplines involved in the care of the residents
- Responsible for completing assigned documentation in an accurate and timely manner to include progress notes
- Minimum of 21 years old
- High School Diploma/GED
- 1 or more years of yoga instruction
- Ability to work both evenings and weekends
- Previous clinical, behavioral health or group home experience
- Experience conducting trauma sensitive yoga
- Experience working with adolescents
- Yoga Alliance Registration: RYT200, RYT500, ERYT200, ERYT500
- CPR/First Aid/Defibrillator Training
Hallmark Youthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.