As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are currently accepting applications for a Program Therapist with a strong desire to work with a team of committed clinicians to create a safe and fun place for our residents to heal.
Under the direction of the Director of Social Work, the Program Therapist demonstrates the knowledge of psychopathology and other behavioral health concerns and primary modalities of psychotherapeutic intervention. The Program Therapist provides for the residents of the facility psychotherapy/case management according to guidelines, as well as individual, and family therapy.
- Expert knowledge of assessment, diagnosis, treatment, risk assessment and crisis management specific to ages served: adolescents 11 to 17 years of age.
- Ability to provide individual, family and group therapies specific to ages serviced: adolescents 11 to 17 year of age.
- Demonstrate competency in age related or specialty issues and developmental needs necessary to provide care to specific ages served: adolescents 11 to 17 years of age.
- Ability to communicate directly and effectively with physicians, diverse resident populations, families, and all levels of staff, both orally and in writing.
- Must maintain a high degree of confidentiality, display maturity, and respect together with flexibility, diplomacy, and tactfulness.
- Must have physical and mental health adequate to perform the duties of the position.
- Microsoft Office Software/Applications
- Master’s degree in a human services field
- Two years or greater of professional experience working in the field of mental health and/or substance abuse
- Licensed eligible or holds a current license to practice as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor or Licensed Family & Marriage Therapist in the state of Virginia by the Department of Health Professions
- Must be certified or able to become certified in CPR, first aid, AED, and Handle with Care
- Must have valid Virginia Driver’s License in good standing if on Hallmark’s Approved Driver’s List