At Hallmark Youthcare, we treat adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Loss, neglect, abuse, and/or other traumas affect development in myriad physical, emotional, mental, social and spiritual ways. Traumatized children develop strategies for coping- some functional and some dysfunctional. We strive to empower youth and their families to overcome their difficulties and fulfill their potential.
Hallmarks residential program uses The Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive approach to providing a safe, supportive, secure and therapeutic environment to promote healing. Building on the strengths of each child, our program addresses four key areas:
Safety: physical, emotional, social, and moral
Emotional regulation skills
Loss and trauma therapy
Future vision and goals for a better life
At These four areas are known as the SELF framework. Every aspect of residential care, from community living to therapy, incorporates an emphasis on these areas.
Components of Residential Treatment
Hallmark Youthcare’s comprehensive Adolescent Residential Treatment Program offers a multidisciplinary approach to individualized care. This includes the following components as appropriate:
- Ages 11-17
- 24/7 psychiatrist and nursing coverage
- Comprehensive discharge planning
- Individual, group and family therapies; Hallmark emphasizes family involvement and works with geographically distant families as needed.
- Psychoeducation groups: anger management, chemical dependency education, sanctuary tools, moral reasoning, social skills, and leisure awareness
- Activities Therapy (music therapy, yoga, recreation, community outings, etc)
- Comprehensive educational services licensed by the Virginia Department of Education
- Nutritional counseling
- Substance abuse and chemical dependence treatment services – both individual and group services
- Structured daily milieu designed to promote appropriate social interaction and utilization of newly learned shills
- Ability for virtual court
Short Term Residential Care
Customization and flexibility are key to Hallmark Youthcare’s short-term treatment options for youth. Brief stays and highly individualized treatment plans meet the needs of youth stepping down from a hospital stay or who are in need of short-term residential care for stabilization and to identify the appropriate community based services needed upon discharge.