Assessment & Diagnostic
Our Assessment and Diagnostic Services (A&D) provide a secure facility for children who do not have the necessary evaluations required to determine the most appropriate level of care. Patients admitted to A&D participate in all of the program components and in addition receive:
- Psychiatric evaluation
- Psychological and psychosocial assessments
- Nursing assessment including complete health and physical
- Educational assessments
- Substance Abuse Evaluations
Hallmark Youthcare’s comprehensive Adolescent Residential Treatment Program offers a multidisciplinary approach to individualized care. This includes the following components as appropriate:
- Ages 11-17
- 24/7 psychiatrist and nursing coverage
- Individual, group and family therapies; Hallmark emphasizes family involvement and works with geographically distant families as needed.
- Psychoeducation groups: anger management, chemical dependency education, sanctuary tools, moral reasoning, social skills, and leisure awareness
- Therapeutic recreation activities and community outings
- Comprehensive educational services licensed by the Virginia Department of Education
- Nutritional counseling
- Substance abuse and chemical dependence treatment services
- Ability for virtual court
Short Term Residential Care
Customization and flexibility are key to Hallmark Youthcare’s short-term treatment options for youth. Brief stays and highly individualized treatment plans meet the needs of youth stepping down from a hospital stay or who need a short-term residential stay.
Treatment for Sexually Acting Out Youth
Our TSAY Program provides immediate and intensive early intervention services for male adolescents, who have demonstrated aggressive sexual behaviors. Services are clinically focused with a three-tier approach: Assessment, Treatment, and Transition (ATT). Early intervention has proven to be clinically affective in reducing the recidivism rate of sexually aggressive adolescents and the severity of aggressive acts in the future (FSIQ of 70 or higher).
Substance Abuse Program
The ASAM approved Substance Abuse Program is a specialty track within our traditional Residential Treatment Program (RTC) that utilizes the Stages of Change Model to focus on the impact of addictive behaviors on the resident, family, and community. The SA Program encourages re-evaluation of current behaviors and substance abuse while working to develop self-efficacy, responsibility, and self-help strategies.