Under general supervision of the HR Director, the Receptionist acts as first contact for all visitors, issuing visitor badges as appropriate, directing visitors, and advising them of facility procedures/rules. Maintain lobby area, assuring there are daily newspaper and magazines available, and the coffee station is fully stocked. Answers all incoming calls, pages clinicians and staff, maintains appropriate notices to staff and residents via the intercom system.
- Page staff and clinicians as deemed appropriate and/or as requested
- Overhead page (using intercom system) in the event of emergency/codes notices
- Connect all resident calls to appropriate resident phone after verifying caller on approved list
- Ensure all visitors sign in on appropriate confidentiality sign-in log; distributes visitor badges, and ensures any visitor going to unit is on approved list
- Maintain current logbooks for all functions requiring tracking, i.e. keys, vehicles, sign-out, cabs, Executive Dining Room, etc.
- Maintains meal ticket box for sale of meal tickets.
- Foster mature professional relationships with fellow employees in a courteous, friendly manner as measured by management observation and peer input
- Conducts all work activities with respect for rights and wishes of residents, visitors, families, and fellow employees
- Always maintains confidentiality of all Facility and resident information as observed by peers and management.
- Must have ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Must have the ability to deal with the public in a professional, friendly, calm manner; ability to manage difficult customer situations
- Microsoft Office Applications/Software
- Physical Demands:
- The employee must have the ability to: speak and hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach with their hands and arms. Wear personal protective equipment (always including a mask) The employee must have the ability to frequently lift and move up to 15 lbs.
- High School diploma or GED certification required OR one year certificate from college or technical school
- Previous experience in a receptionist, clerical, or similar role
Hallmark Youthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.