As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are accepting applications for a Payroll Coordinator; this one-person department is responsible for the following: process payroll transactions and timesheets, update payroll records, and answer employee questions about pay, while maintaining compliance according to federal and state regulatory agencies. To succeed in this role, you should have outstanding analytical and numerical skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Process timesheet records and other employee pay documents (i.e. pay logs, PTO/Sick leave requests, and reimbursements)
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Coordinate with HR about changes in payroll (i.e. terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.)
- Oversee payroll distribution of direct deposits, and mailed paystubs
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (i.e. annual bonuses, liens, etc.)
- Produce ad hoc reports upon request
- Answer employee questions about salaries and payments
- Proven experience as a payroll coordinator or similar role; proven experience working with payroll systems
- Familiarity with payroll processes; knowledge of legislation relevant to accounting and payroll, such as FLSA
- Working knowledge of Peachtree or similar payment systems
- Comfortable with Excel (functions, data etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant field; OR experience equivalent to degree