As a leading Residential Treatment Center in the Greater Richmond area, Hallmark Youthcare treats adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma. Treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by a group of well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care.
We are accepting applications for a Payroll / Accounts Payable Coordinator; this one-person department is responsible for the following: processing payment of all creditors and invoices in an accurate, efficient and timely manner; processing payroll transactions and timesheets, updating payroll records, and answering employee questions. To succeed in this role, you should have outstanding analytical and numerical skills, and excellent attention to detail.
PLEASE NOTE: Hallmark Youthcare complies with the CMS Omnibus COVID-19 Health Care Staff Vaccination Requirement. COVID-19 Vaccination is required for this position.
- Process timesheet records and other employee pay documents (i.e. pay logs, PTO/Sick leave requests, and reimbursements)
- Check payroll information for accuracy and ensure all relevant paperwork is in order
- Coordinate with HR about changes in payroll (i.e. terminations, new hires, promotions, etc.)
- Oversee payroll distribution of direct deposits, and mailed paystubs
- Process other financial compensations or deductions (i.e. annual bonuses, liens, etc.)
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with Hallmark financial policies and procedures
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, posting and recording accounts receivables' data
- Prepare bills, invoices and deposits
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for and properly posted
- Verify discrepancies and resolve billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due, by sending bill reminders and contacting vendors
- Generate financial statements and ad hoc reports detailing accounts receivable, as requested
- Proven experience as a payroll coordinator or similar role; proven experience working with payroll systems
- Experience with federal and state regulations/agencies
- Familiarity with payroll processes; knowledge of legislation relevant to accounting and payroll, such as FLSA
- Working knowledge of Peachtree or similar payment systems
- Comfortable with Excel (functions, data etc.)
- Strong communication skills
- Degree in Accounting, Finance or relevant field; OR experience equivalent to degree
Hallmark Youthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.