Under the direction of the Program Director/Manager, the Program Supervisor assists in overall management of the facility from 3:00pm – 11:30pm. Assist in maintaining a supervision and meeting structure that allows for assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the residential program to ensure comprehensive services are family driven, youth guided, and culturally competent to sustain positive outcomes.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate the facility’s mission, vision, values, and strategic plan, as well as departmental/service goals, to all staff.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff in goal setting, problem solving, resource management, outcome achievement, and development and implementation of policies and procedures.
- Defines performance objectives and measures for the department/service and assesses the level of competency of staff in a timely manner, including completion of facility-wide and department/service orientation and ongoing education, including training, in-services, and other activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to a healthy work environment by modeling the desired behaviors and encouraging those in others, and acts as change agent when communicating new and revised systems in a positive manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to cope with and manage change, as well as help others do the same.
- Collaborates with other departments/services to create systems and problem solve ongoing issues that impact departmental/service/organizational goals and resident care delivery, including short- and long-term planning for a resident guided and family driven culture within the facility.
- Demonstrates fiscal accountability for department/service resources and the ability to achieve outcomes within allocated resources and budget as assigned by the Program Director/Manager.
- Incorporates performance improvement data and resident satisfaction data into departmental/service goals.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of regulations applicable to resident care and/or other department/service/organizational functions.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving resident/family service using best practices and evidence-based modalities while moving towards the facility’s quest for excellence.
- Demonstrates ability to recruit, retain, and allocate qualified and competent staff consistent with organizational staffing plan.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively throughout the organization and with outside organizations and ensures processes are in place for communication of relevant information in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates the ability to foster a safe environment by integrating safety priorities into all relevant policies and procedures, processes, functions, and services.
- Handles multiple priorities
- Independent discretion/decision making
- Makes decisions under pressure
- Works alone effectively
- Works in close proximity to others and/or in a distracting environment
- Works with others effectively
The employee must have the ability to: speak and hear, sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and reach with their hands and arms. Wear personal protective equipment (always including gloves when necessary and a mask) The employee must have the ability to frequently lift and move up to 30 lbs.
- Must be 21 years or older in age.
- Associates degree in Human Services or related field, preferred, not required.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in a psychiatric setting, with at least one (1) year in a leadership role.
- Must be certified or able to become certified in CPR, First Aid, AED and Handle With Care.
- Must have a valid Virginia Driver’s license in good standing if on Hallmark’s approved Drivers List.
- Must have strong interpersonal and oral/written, communication skills for effective working relationships with diverse groups/individuals and with the various disciplines involved in the treatment and care of psychiatric residents.
- Must demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide services appropriate to the specific ages served: adolescents 11 to 17 years of age.
Hallmark Youthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, color, age, religion, protected veteran or disability status, or genetic information.