At Hallmark Youthcare, we treat adolescents with emotional and behavioral issues triggered by trauma, loss, neglect, abuse. Individualized, youth focused and family driven services are provided to treat the physical, emotion, mental and spiritual impacts from experiencing trauma. We strive to educate and empower youth and their families to overcome their difficulties and fulfill their potential.
Hallmarks residential program uses The Sanctuary Model, a comprehensive approach to providing a safe, supportive, secure and therapeutic environment to promote healing. Building on the strengths of each child, our program addresses four key areas:
S – Safety: physical, emotional, social, and moral
E – Emotional regulation skills
L – Loss and trauma therapy
F – Future vision and goals for a better life
These four areas are known as the SELF framework. Every aspect of residential care, from community living to therapy, incorporates an emphasis on these areas.
Components of Residential Treatment
Hallmark Youthcare’s comprehensive Adolescent Residential Treatment Program offers a multidisciplinary approach to individualized care. This includes the following components as appropriate:
- Assessment and Diagnosis
- Psychiatric services weekly
- Nursing services 24/7
- Individual Therapy three times per week. Therapists often employ Cognitive Behavioral Therapy when working with residents because this is an evidence-based best practice.
- Family Therapy weekly
- Process Group Therapy three times per week
- Psychoeducational Groups (Anger Management, Chemical Dependency Education, Sanctuary psychoeducation, and Mind-Body education)
- Activity Therapy #times per week
- Life Skills Training
- Case management
- Sanctuary “Red Flag” meetings to address special concerns for a resident
- Early Discharge Planning
- Discharge planning and transitional services
- Post discharge follow up and support
- Family reunification
- Family conflict resolution training
- Pediatric medical Services
- Psychiatric and Psychological Services
Short Term Residential Care
Customization and flexibility are key to Hallmark Youthcare’s short-term treatment options for youth. Brief stays and highly individualized treatment plans meet the needs of youth stepping down from a hospital stay or who are in need of short-term residential care for stabilization and to identify the appropriate community based services needed upon discharge.