Hallmark Youthcare’s treatment is provided in a warm and friendly environment by well-trained, highly motivated staff that takes pride in delivering quality care. Because we value our employees we offer competitive salary and an attractive benefits package. Come join our team and experience a sense of fulfillment as you truly change the lives of others.
Candidates may download anemployment application and fax the application or a resume to (804) 784-6424 or email to email@example.com
Immediate opening for several full-time Youth Counselors for all shifts. The YC provides and ensures quality direct care to residents, assist in promoting and maintaining a safe, therapeutic unit milieu, assist residents with hygiene and personal care needs, also implement individual treatment plans as appropriate. The YC documents child care services provided in accordance with procedures outlined in RTC policies and procedures.
Minimum Education requirements
- Bachelors degree in a Human Services Field preferred.
Minimum Work Experience
- Demonstrates through previous work experiences, an ability to maintain a stable environment and to provide guidance to children in the age range for which the childcare worker will be responsible, adolescents 11-17 years of age. One year of previous experience working with adolescents in a behavioral healthcare setting.
- Must be certified or able to become certified in CPR, First Aid, and Handle With Care.
- Must have a valid Virginia Drivers license in good standing.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Ability to communicate in English effectively and document information accurately. Communicates effectively with all disciplines involved in the care of the resident.
- Ability to work well with others in a team setting and work well with a moderate level of direct supervision.
- Candidate must possess basic knowledge of adolescent development, child care principles and practices, positive peer culture, and mental health principles.
- Knowledge of basic psychiatric terminology preferred.
- Ability to develop healthy relationships with adolescents and consistently apply rules, expectations, and behavioral interventions.
- Attends and actively participates in treatment team meetings to: design treatment interventions, review resident progress, provide feedback for treatment planning, coordinate activities and daily living events for residents, and provide performance feedback to team members
Hallmark Youthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace